Monday, September 29, 2008

Bipartisanship In Action; I Reach Out To Senator McCain

Dear Senator McCain, I applaud you for striving to reach for the ultimate Brass Ring in life, the Office of the President of the United States of America, you have guts.
My reason for this open letter is to share some of the hard earned wisdom that comes from the school of hard knocks, of which you should be a charter member, but maybe a refresher course is in order.

In my opinion, some of the things that people usually learn early in life should stay with them in order to get along in society.
Rule number one,

Don't lie to people.

Seriously, at Seventy Two, I am surprised I need remind you of this basic premise.

There will be a test on Tuesday, November 4th.
Please bring a sharpened number two pencil.

Next,

Admit your mistakes.

Trying to "Spin" what you said yesterday that doesn't jibe with what you are saying today about your convictions or actions automatically makes me refer you back to Rule number one.
This is a hard lesson to learn, I readily admit that.
I did though, a long time ago.

Moving forward,


Eye contact.

If you cannot look me in the eye when speaking to me, I again must refer you back to Rule number one.
Blinking three hundred times a minute has been proven to be a key indicator of someone lying.
Again, back to Rule Number one.

At this point, I am going to stop and suggest that you share this information with your Vice Presidential nominee,if she is not already peeking over your shoulder, trying to pass the finals without studying.

Don't say I have never reached across the aisle in a sense of Bipartisanship, ever again.

And please refer Mr. Boehner to the first chapter of today's lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment