Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Fly By

I am just too busy for my own good , here lately.
I did find a bit of good news in this fucked up country we call home;

In 2007, “U.S. unions increased their share of membership among workers” for the “first time in the past quarter of a century,” according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) annual union membership report released today. In the past year, “unions added about 310,000 members, raising the unionized share of the workforce to 12.1 percent from 12.0 percent in 2006.” (HT: Ezra Klein)

From Think Progress, I ain't had time to do much in the way of doing any meaningful web surfing to see what is up in the world.

To me, this uptick in union membership is very welcome news. It means that people are tired of getting the short end of the stick under Bush and are joining for the collective bargaining that helps wages and benefits keep up with inflation at least.
Welcome my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment