Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another Good Resource

If ya been reading any length of time, you will see a small pattern where I like to exhort folks to start putting some things away for hard times.
I am absolutely glad I had after the two weeks of blizzard conditions we just had here in the Pacific Northwest.

It doesn't have to be the end of the world, everyday life is more than capable enough to throw a slider down the outside of the plate when you are expecting a curveball.

Having a ton of preps and canned goods and all these things that are good to store for long term use won't do you a bit of good if you do not know what to do with them.

Let me introduce someone who can help you out with that, Survival Cooking.

Stop by and be sure to check back, this isn't play time, it is past time to be prepared for even small emergencies.

3 comments:

  1. Good advice. I think we can eat and stay warm for about a month on what we have on hand in food and firewood.
    If snow, outages, etc., run longer than that, I also have spare gas and plenty of ammo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Busted...thanks for the link and the reminder to all...learn to use what you have stored. Very important, I believe!

    Waiting until you need them is NOT a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm more concerned about an earthquake out here than anything else. I have enough to get by for a few weeks if necessary but it would be a stretch.

    Here's another emergency tip: There's 40 or 50 gallons of water in your hot water tank. Be sure to turn off the water entering the tank so as not to get contaminated.

    ReplyDelete