Friday, January 06, 2012

Drama

As if there isn't enough in real life, the wife likes to watch soap operas, just for fun, my Dad watches the same ones she does.

I know enough Drama Queens personally that all I have to do is pick up the phone and I can skip an entire season after a fifteen minute phone call, seriously.

Apparently, there is a 24 hour Soap Opera channel I was blissfully unaware of until recently.

Even worse, there are people on some of these soaps I even recognize from decades ago.

Some have aged well, some look like road kill.

Some are little punk assed kids who couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag too.

To each their own I suppose but I would rather watch the Food Channel, or paint dry.

The wife stays up until one or later in the morning watching this crap.

Thankfully, I tend to fall asleep in my chair long before that.

The thing with Soaps is that you can quit watching them for six months and come back and not miss a fucking thing.
They drag shit out to the point of absurdity.

I remember twenty five years ago, there was a wedding on one of those sonsabitches that took a year and a half before there was a kiss and the honeymoon took another six months.

That was when I had my lower back fused in a five hour operation and was bed ridden for several months and went stir crazy with nothing to do.

Yeah, I had nothing better to do and that was all that was on all fucking day.
Even Oprah wasn't around back then.

I still hate that fucker Victor and that bastard is still around after all these years.

Some things never change.

You go dude.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully, Mrs. G only watches Days Of Our Lives. Thirty years and Victor is still a scunbag. Heh.

    ReplyDelete