Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Back.

Finally, finally got shit straightened out.
After pestering the shit out of my buddy the tech guru, he got ahold of our provider and found out my IP address had expired.
'Scuse me?Never heard of such a thing.
Anyway, the quick fix was to unplug some goddamn thing and plug it back in, Presto!
Now for the rest of this nightmare.
Because we thought it was a computer problem and I was bitching and whining up a storm, I scored a faster computer. Neat huh?
Right.
Except this fucker had belonged to someone else, and had their name on everything you can imagine (and some I couldn't), My buddy had to get into the register and change the name on some two hundred files.
Then I had to get anti virus protection, this is where I should have let him do his thing, which he did, but I was the one who had to sit for two fucking hours, updating Internet Explorer, updating this, updating that.FUCK!
Now my email is fucked up because I couldn't remember the damn password they gave me.
Two solid weeks of spam is just waiting for me.
It may take me another week to get where I was before. Oh yeah, address book?
Gone,Bookmarks? Gone.
It is amazing how much of my life is now controlled by the mysterious box on the floor with all the wires coming out of it.
So, I think I am going to bite the bullet and get the toobz connected at home so I can keep up with the blogging and all the political shit that is coming in the next year.
Anyways, enough bitching.
Thanks for waiting, I will be back soon, Ornerier than ever.

3 comments:

  1. Well then, get on with saying something, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 PM

    make a copy of your bookmarks on a floppy disk (they're really small files) or try exporting them to a text file. Address book - well, sometimes you can export it, but the other way is to write it down on paper. (I got a new machine last winter, and I'm still putting stuff back into it. Fortunately the old one is alive.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:24 PM

    That's what happens when you give an old man a magical box. His blog gets all fucked up. Either way I gotta few giggles. I miss your blend of poignant rantings/curse words.
    -sissy

    ReplyDelete