Sunday, January 22, 2012

This Is Why You Can't Have A Fucking Job

AP)  PANAMA CITY, Panama — A company expanding the Panama Canal has settled a strike by 6,000 workers that had paralyzed work for six days.

The multinational consortium Grupo Unidos por el Canal says in a news release that the workers have agreed to a 13 percent wage increase and will return to work on Monday.

Union representative Saul Mendez says workers are not completely happy with the deal raising hourly pay to about $3.34 an hour, but still made important advances. The workers had been seeking a pay raise to as much as $10 an hour.

The company already had agreed to meet worker demands to cover delayed overtime and weekend pay. It blamed bookkeeping errors for the delay.

What this article doesn't mention, is that this project is a FIVE POINT TWO BILLION Dollar project, that will divert shipping from West Coast ports like L.A. and these fucking scumbags were paying some workers as little as two fucking fifty an hour for serious labor and had not even bothered to do that because of "book keeping errors".

Yeah, right.

This project would cost fifty times as much if they had to pay a living wage in this country,
which is why they pay these busting ass  men and women shit wages, because they can and they do.

How much you want to bet the safety and well being of these hard working people is least and last on their agenda?

It is to laugh and cry real tears that this bullshit is allowed to happen.

I am still thankful and have days when I hate getting up to a job that I am daily learning about and there is no doubt I am going to die broke but at least I make enough of a wage that I don't have to eat
rice and beans and every little varmint pieces I can get my hands on.

People in this country have been programmed by the oh, so, compliant media to distrust unions.

It goes against the old saying ,"strength in numbers"

So, take heart my fellow wage slaves, at least we don't have to worry about contracting Malaria for three fucking bucks an hour.

7 comments:

  1. StonyPillow7:21 PM

    Mrs. Pillow can work miracles with rice and beans, Busted. Don't knock 'em. And every buck you save on groceries is a buck that can go to plug another hole in the dike. Or the muffler. Or the plumbing. Or the work gloves.

    By the way, ever considered a tip jar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love rice and beans.
    Grew up on it.

    Totally comfort food in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Multi-National Plutocrats see no national boundaries. Their goal is the Global Race to the Bottom.

    The 1% of the world want a world wherein workers genuflect and they get to play a group of workers in Bangladesh off against some from the Phillippines. And if you complain? Why they'll just ship in a fresh batch from some other mud hole or close the factory and open it up in a more pliable Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy. When I see stuff like this I wonder about currency speculation. This is why:

    Chapter 22 Web of Debt
    Chapter 22 Web of Debt by Ellen Hodgson Brown
    THE TEQUILA TRAP:
    THE REAL STORY BEHIND
    THE ILLEGAL ALIEN INVASION

    It's a great book, by the way, you and your honey should read it, it's not partisan at all :)

    and regarding this blog post, you should Google "currency speculation panama" some interesting shit comes up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got no problem with unions. I DO have a problem with union muckity-mucks living high on the hog on my nickle, telling me how to vote, using my nickle to buy politicians, and some of the bullshit "work rules" they have. Like "Don't touch that 2x4 electrician! Call a carpenter to move it!" Seriously? I can't touch a fucking 2x4 because I'm not a carpenter?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say Bane Capital is undoubtedly behind this (or one of its int'l spinoffs)!

    I would love to see these "management" guys (who pay 13% in taxes) hanging upside down from a pole someday. (And they've got some nerve actually "campaigning" for higher office without huge mafia crowd control, don't they?)

    But, whoops, we have to play nice with the guys who are raping us daily, don't we?

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We should have just kept the Canal. Perhaps it is not to late to take it back????

    ReplyDelete