Monday, January 16, 2012

Sick Day

I'm not sure but the wife is convinced I got a dose of something from the brand new fry pans I got her.
I ate the first meal of bacon and eggs.
They tasted fine but she swears that pan smelled funny as it got hot, like it was out gassing something.

They are those fancy green non stick (HA!) fry pans they advertise on tee vee.

Anyway, went to bed about ten and woke up at twelve thirty and that was all she wrote.

I don't think I ever did go back to sleep.

I tossed and turned, had visual images tearing through my mind at high speed and then started getting clammy and sweating to the point the sheets got damp.

I laid there dreading having to get up and go to work with no sleep all night and after a seeming eternity, the alarm finally went off and I got up.

I felt like shit but got up to get dressed.
I made it ten feet out of the bedroom when the dry heaves hit.

That lasted long enough for me to decide I wasn't going anywhere.

I texted a co worker,no one answers the phone at work at 6 AM apparently so I left a voice mail for my boss and went back to bed.

Been there pretty much ever since but I did finally drift off about 7:30 and slept hard for an hour.
I would wake every hour for a minute then crash hard.
After about eleven I finally went down hard until about one,got up and took two drags off a cigarette and went back to bed.

I have been up about ten minutes, long enough to see it is snowing like crazy and the wife getting ready to haul ass to the store for some last minute shit.
I mean it is really coming down out there.

Great....
I still have half a headache and am still tired but if want to get any sleep tonight I don't dare go back to bed.

Thanks fer stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Non-stick is toxic. You should not use them again. Use iron skillets. Seasoned correctly, the are non-stick--the original non-stick. Plus, you get iron from the food instead of hallucinogens. My sister's parakeet almost died from being around cooking in non-stick cookware. Take them back to the store and tell they are giving off toxic fumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better dude.

    I have a good collection of cast iron cookware. It's old school, but doesn't outgas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You best take care of yourself... I can't be having you getting sick on Bacon and Eggs!!!
    I'm going to have to agree that cast iron is the best way to go, although I do have a real nice set of stainless steel pots and pans. I love my cast iron best.
    Get better soon ya Ornrey ol Bastard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got Chinese Teflon Flu, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn.

    I told you not to buy from Wal-Mart!

    Love you!

    Get well soon and start a fund for the cast irons.

    S

    ReplyDelete