Saturday, May 08, 2010

Anybody got too much time on their hands?


It's been a few days since I've gone on a drunken rant so sit down, shut up and...oh, wait...forget that since I'm about to beg for help. Sorry about that.

My sister wants me to make her a reproduction of this thing. She seen it in some antique store, I guess. She calls it an apothocary cabinet but it ain't...I don't know what the hell it is. I'm thinking maybe a dentist or doctor's cabinet of some kind but I can't find pics or plans that even remotely resemble it.

My Google-Fu is weak. Got any antique hunters out there?

I can get a sense of scale from the picture and make it up if I have to but I'd really rather not go to all that trouble. Can't really tell what the wood is but I'll most likely use oak since it looks to be from a time when most things were made of it.

Anybody (who I haven't pissed off yet) know what this is? I'd be eternally grateful for the help.

spongebobcrackwhore