Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bleargh

I am still fighting this cold.

It hasn't gotten real, real bad yet. I slept quite a bit yesterday and then spent all afternoon and evening doing laundry, and I'm still not done!
Of course, now my sleep schedule is completely fucked up.

Drank some whiskey late last night so I could go back to sleep after drinking coffee all afternoon.

I am awake early this morning after being up past one o'clock in the morning. I see a nap coming my way. like, right now.

Over and out.

4 comments:

  1. Check out www.earthclinic.com, look under ailments and then colds. I thought I was getting a cold last week and tried the tomato tea thing--lotsa garlic, as much cayenne as I could stand, and it helped me a great deal. Hell, add some vodka and you'll have a sort of hot bloody mary going. Good luck and hope you feel better,
    HM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky this time. I missed a couple days of work, but as long as I didn't stray too far from the kleenex box was basically functional. Plenty of vitamin C and rest. Oh, and the garlic will probably help, at least in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia,

    Thank you so much!

    I bookmarked the link and after perusing some of the remedies I went with the Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon juice cocktail because I had that stuff handy and did not feel up to digging through the pantry for the other ingredients.
    It seems to have helped although it has a "unique" flavor.
    Hah hah ha.

    I also hadn't eaten hardly anything since Friday so I heated up some hash brown patties and fried a couple of eggs and put a healthy spoonful of minced garlic in with it.

    Again, thank you for taking the time to share that wonderful resource!

    I will be perusing that later for tid bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Busted. Hey, thanks for the nice mention. I think Earth Clinic is fascinating. I've been reading there regularly.

    I'm glad you're feeling better!
    HM

    ReplyDelete