Sunday, September 04, 2011

12%?

So,Congress is coming back in session.

I was reading the dead tree version of the local rag they call a newspaper around here and see that Congress has a whopping 12% approval rating.

First of all, I think that is a bit optimistic of a figure.

Second, just who are these 12%?

They most certainly haven't been paying attention.
12% of Americans actually approve of what Congress has done since the last election.

These people are willfully, Ignorant, Stupid, Mother, Fuckers.

The only other explanation would be that there is a fuckload more lobbyists in this country than I could ever imagine.

Even Stupie McFuckwit never got much under 28% and just astounded me even at that.

No, twelve percent tells me someone has their thumb on the scale because the current crop of dumb as rusty hammers doesn't even deserve that much.

There should be an automatic recall kill switch new election kind of thingy if their approval rate dips below Stupies all time low.

Approaching just one tenth of the population being happy should tell those dumb cocksuckers something ain't right in La La land.

Even now, they are gearing up and trying to raise money for an election that is still ONE YEAR AWAY!

This never ending vote stumping seriously affects what business they should be taking care of.
Renaming post offices doesn't do a fucking thing for this country except for some fucking painter somewhere who gets a quick name change job on the front of a fucking post office.

I don't even know why I bother to vote anymore.

Fucking bastards could give a rats ass what I think and do what their owners want without fail.
Just remember when 90% of us told them in no uncertain terms not to bail out those crooked fuckers on Wall Street?
That even beats 12% and they said Fuck You, we're doing it anyway.

Nope, unless you are a multi millionaire or a Mega Corporation, you do not exist.

They are actually afraid of the average constituent, especially when they are gathered in large quantities.
I see now some cock bite asshole representatives are trying to charge a fee if you want to talk to them face to face.
I have two words for that nonsense;

Fuck, That.


We pay your fucking salary, you arrogant fucking jack ass.
You work for us, arrogant fucking jack ass.

If I want to talk to you about something I find to be important enough to expend my energy and express my concerns to you about, you make the fucking time and effort to make your sorry fucking ass available to me, your employer.

If you have the gall to try and charge me for that, I am on the phone to the ethics committee, the same day, capiche?

That shit needs to stop yesterday.

So, as I sit here, I am still decidedly puzzled as to just who this 12% is and if they actually exist or is it a figment of someones imagination?

I seriously doubt that if I went outside and randomly asked people who were walking by whether or not they approve of the job Congress has been doing that I would find a single aye.

More than likely I figure I would encounter expressions of outrage and disgust, universally.

6 comments:

  1. My guess is that one third to one half of that 12 percent are lobbyists and special interest back-scratchers and the rest of the 12 percent are related by blood or marriage to the idiots and figure they have to at least SAY they approve.

    That's a wild guess... but it's all I got.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busted,

    Those 12%? Minions.

    Don't vote. It only encourages them.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the "sheeple" that make up that 12% are probably uneducated, tea-guzzling minions that would have preferred to see our economy brought to it's knees (having NO real idea of the consequences) rather than make a fucking compromise with "the other side" and solve a few fucking problems; in other words, DO THEIR JOBS. Tea party "leaders" run-off at the mouth on tv spewing their propaganda and LIES at their little flock of ultra-conservative, douche-bag, FOX news watching MORONS. They incite fighting and gridlock for NOTHING more than attention and what they see as political gain....The saddest part of the whole damn thing is, I can't really see ANY solution in the near future. It's unreasonable to expect the population at large to make educated choices and be critical thinkers when they live in a country that BARELY educates it's citizens, and seems to be alright with that!! The sheeple can't see OR smell the bull-shit that's being flung at them and walk right through it, spreading it around and fucking up everything in their path.......I don't usually post comments with so many curse words in them; however, your blog today got me all jacked up and I just couldn't help myself ;-) ..... P.S. My friend Todd turned me on to your blog and I can totally dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 12% and yet only a very few people like Bernie Sanders and Al Franken and a couple of Congresscritters even give a shit...all of which tells you that they don't give a rat's ass what we think because they do not represent us. They represent their campaign contributors to the exclusion of everyone else.

    And yet, I would guess that 90% of the sheeple will go to the polls next year and push the button for their existing Congressperson.

    Here in NJ-5, we have Ernie Scott Garrett, a guy who was a teabagger before there was even a Tea Party. He came to office in 2002 on name recognitition and a claim of "I'm just like Marge" -- referring to Marge Roukema, the moderate Republican who had represented the district for 25 years. For a decade, these idiots in this district have been sending this clown back to Congress because they are registered Republicans and here in NJ we have a huge ballot where parties have a "line" -- and they vote straight down the line. The Democrats have given up even trying to contest this district, but something is happening -- people are waking up. They are starting to realize what Garrett is, and after the devastating floods we had last weekend, he says "No relief for you unless we cut something else." That doesn't fly. So here we are, with a very real chance to unseat this bastard, and the state Democratic Party is stuck with its dick in its hand not knowing what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill...I heard about some douche-bag proposing that emergency funding not be given out unless they can make cuts somewhere else to pay for them; I was almost speechless...ALMOST...I think I may have a solution, just now thought of it...The Feds could STOP providing flood insurance for wealthy homeowners who live along the Florida coast and in the hurricane ridden parts of the U.S. There's not an insurance company in this whole country that will insure those homes that have to be re-modeled or re-built every few years because of hurricane damage, so the Fed provides it for a mere $200 a year...So I'm sure if we stopped paying to re-build and re-model million dollar beach homes we would have enough money to help out the people who CAN'T help themselves in these kinds of situations.....Just a suggestion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JustAnotherGirl: That's all well and good, but I'm not talking about wealthy people with mansions on the beach in Naples, Florida. I'm talking about people who have lived in their homes in Hillsdale, NJ and Wayne, NJ and Fairfield, NJ for thirty years and until the Army Corps of Engineers started fucking with the Passaic River and United Water (now owned by a French company) started fucking with the Pascack Brook and the Oradell Reservoir, had very little problem.

    Hurricanes don't come to this part of NJ very often. We haven't had one since Gloria in the mid-1980's. And the last big tropical storm we had was Floyd in 1999, which dumped 14 inches of rain on much of Bergen County. But it's gotten to a point where storms of 4, 5, 6 inches of rain are not unusual due to climate change.

    Yes, there were 100-year-floods and 20-year-floods, but these are people living in postwar cape cods and ranches that are now flooding 2, 3, and 4 times a year. These are the people represented by Ernie Scott Garrett, and he is telling them to go fuck themselves.

    It's easy to focus on rich people in mansions in hurricane zones. What sayest thou to the cops and firemen and teachers and administrative assistants and sales reps and hairdressers and such who live in the houses in New Jersey's flood-prone areas?

    ReplyDelete