I was surfing the net last night when I came across one of the most jaw dropping screeds of obscene arrogance that I have ever, in my life, had the misfortune to have to scrape off the bottom of my shoe.
It was apparently not just randomly arranged from a bag of Scrabble letters, but actually deliberately scrawled out in eyeliner on the back of a sanitary napkin wrapper and later interpreted by an insane howler monkey and finally transcribed by someone fluent in parsing people speaking in tongues enough to wind up in the pages of the Atlantic.
Before I have an aneurysm trying to wrap my head around who in their right mind would even consider putting the drippings of an infected lubrication gland into print in the first place, let me show you what I am talking about;
Why not food stamps?
24 Jan 2008 05:52 pm
1) The poor don't need more food. Obesity is a problem for the poor in America; except for people who are too screwed up to get food stamps (because they don't have an address), food insufficiency is not.
( This is where my jaw hit the floor.)
2) Food stamps only imperfectly translate into increased cash income, meaning that the poor will spend . . . more money on food.
(My bold, editors note: this is a good point to get some Kleenex to dab up the blood starting to drip out of your ears.)
3) If the increase in food stamps takes the form of expanded eligibility, rather than larger grants, the administrative issues and public outreach will delay your stimulus until well after it is no longer needed.
(Again, the Kleenex, this is where the Republican spin starts, belt up.)
4) The limits on the type of goods available to food stamp consumers, and the growing season, mean that some (it's hard to say how much) of the food stamp spending will simply draw down perishable stocks rather than generating new economic activity. Eventually this will probably generate more economic activity, but probably well after your stimulus is needed.
Holy Shit! I might not be able to buy that fucking crate of imported strawberries those nasty illegal immigrants just picked!)
5) The economy doesn't need a food sector more distorted by daft government programs than it already is. If you want to give money to the poor, give it to them. Even if they spend it all on drugs, it will hardly be much worse than spending it all on increasing their already astronomical obesity rates.
Thankfully, the eyeliner apparently ran out here, I was beginning to desperately start searching for something big and blunt to bang my head against.
This is so over the top that I am struggling to keep my fucking sanity trying to delve the depths of arrogance and misinformation, coupled with the cheerleaders cadence of "Go Team!".
My second instinct, ( I can't print the first one), is that there immediately needs to be a barrel of bleach poured into the shallow end of the gene pool.
God forbid this vile creature has already reproduced.
You need to quit breathing my air,yer wasting it on perfectly good metabolic functions that absolutely have no need to be taking place.
What you need is a little perception adjustment,I think maybe you having to decide whether you are going to eat or have heat or electricity might be a little time better spent than wasting all that eyeliner.
Why don't you do a living research project and try living like the millions of real human beings, AMERICANS, that have to survive on this excess government largess you lament as being unnecessary?
You could invite your friends over, make a fucking game out of planning a months worth of meals and still stay in that extravagant lifestyle you claim is right there, available except for the bad choices of these splurging refugees from upper crust society.
See who can come up with the Hors Dourves at the end of the month?
You make me sick lady.
I have been there and done that.
Hunger in this country or anywhere else isn't funny.
Your trying to justify these ridiculous assertions to spin the asinine economic policies of THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER are less than pitiful and fully deserving of brutal and permanent public ridicule.
Buy a clue instead of that next latte.
H/T to TBogg for giving me the severe case of heartburn.
Oh, and Fuck the Atlantic, I ain't linking to that piece of shit if this is what passes for journalism in their jaundiced eyes.
Cross posted at Outta the Cornfield