Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm A Grandpa, Again

My boy and his girlfriend had a baby last night.

Remind me not to fuck with this girl.
She is tough.
Two hours of hard labor with no epidural, she finally popped out a whopping nine pound baby boy.
He has some problems but in the long term I am sure he will be fine.
His blood is too acidic and his body temperature is too high so they sent the little feller to OHSU, the best, most sprawling giant assed , state of the art, hospital over in Portland.

They basically have the poor little feller in a bucket of ice, his body temperature is clear down to 95 degrees, which is hypothermic to the point of near death.
Damn that is going to be one grumpy little kid.

I feel for the little bugger.
When I was four, I had the Chicken Pox and they stuck me in the bath tub and filled it with ice.
I will remember that until the day I die, talking to my Dad, he even remembers that, told me he didn't want them to do it but apparently I was in bad shape.

Anyways, Please give a shout out to little Carter and lend a thought to a couple of exhausted kids who are going to be pretty much sleepless for the forseeable future.

He has all the necessary appendages and a head full of coal black hair from what I hear.
They are not letting friends over to see him yet, my boy told me I could come over but I declined, they have enough on their hands and I have been told it was a good thing I wasn't at the hospital last night as her Dad was a complete asshole.
My oldest daughter said that I would have punched him in the head , even the ex said he was a jerk.
Tea bagger asshole, talking politics, disrespected my son to the point my five foot two daughter got in his face. Even her mother had enough and grabbed her and walked away.

Damn proud of that little darlin' I am.

I'm sure I will meet this fuck head some where down the road, I hope they warn him about me first.
I ain't quite so patient.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, old man.

    Grandkids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa Busted. I'd pay to see that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:26 PM

    yeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, I think you must be the most entertaining grandpa. Imagine the stories your children & grandkids will tell! Congrats to mom & dad and Grandpa too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats grampa!!! can't wait until you report back after seeing the little tyke. am sending him and his parents warm positive healing thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    You don't look a day over 20 yourself.

    Hope the little tiger's up and roaring soon.

    (Prepare to babysit!)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma is foaming at the mouth at the prospect.

      That's why they make garages....

      Delete
  8. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Congratulations to yoiu and proud parents. In-laws can be a stupendous pita, I agree. I hope that situations works itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twain5:53 PM

    Great news, Busted. That big kid will soon be up and asking you for boxing gloves. Enjoy every minute - they don't stay small for long. Best wishes to the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you and to the new parents! Lucky kid that he's got one smart grandpa to balance the teabagger. Hope you're the one that teaches the kid to cuss...you've raised it to an art form!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on that wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't usually check out your blog but wanted to see if you posted anything about CJ he is doing well ph balance is back to normal and the hypoxia caused minimal temporary damage. He is beautiful. Should be going home Sunday or Monday I hope. Best to you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the update, I replied with a private email.

    Ya done good honey.

    ReplyDelete