Monday, November 29, 2010

You Know You Have A Cat When.....

Ya wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom* and come back to realize there is an error message flashing on the monitor,
"Windows Mail Is Unable To Establish Contact As There Is Another Program Running Already"."

Half asleep, what do you do? "X" out of the fucker, again and again and again and again and again, until you look down at the bottom of the screen and see there are 375! motherfucking programs running at the same damn time!!

Little bitch has been sleeping on the keyboard again.

Can you say reboot?

Fucking cats.


* Yeah, go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, half asleep when your foot hits a soaking wet carpet.

While I was gone, I had my dad shut the water off because of the freezing weather, I didn't want something to burst while I was gone.

There were a few guy's here at the time and someone was nice enough to turn on a faucet to make sure there was no pressure left in the system.

After I got home and turned on the heat, I was bull shitting with a couple of neighbors outside and turned the water back on. We stood there and shot the shit in the cold for a minute or two before I said we need to go inside where it is warm.

That's when I heard a faucet blasting away at full pressure. I tracked it down, it was the bathroom faucet, with the plug in the sink.
There was an inch of fucking of water on the floor, pouring out into the kitchen off the step and of course, the sink was quite full.

I shut the faucet off and used every single towel I could to soak up the water.

So, of course, when I wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss, what do think happened? I stepped on a soaking assed , cold,wet carpet.

Yay.


Out goes the cat and now I have a space heater in front of the toilet, trying to dry the fucking carpet out.

That should only take three months.
It's great to be home again.

On the bright side, I don't need to shampoo that carpet I guess.

Oy, I'm going back to bed.


While I am still up, I would like to take a moment to thank a sweet lady that hit my donate button while I was gone. You know who you are and SMOOCH!,

What a sweetie.

4 comments:

  1. Yer always good for a laugh early in the morning - when I get up that is. Now how strange it would have been for you to come home to NO problems!!! And yer poor kitty just wanted company!!! Ours used to do the same thing until we decided to disconnect the keyboard before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats and friends are what keep our lives interesting!

    Don't know what I would do without mine...but it might be nice to try for a day or so!

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only happened to me once when this idiot upstairs started her bath water then went out to the local 7-11.

    Just thank your lucky start cats don't have opposable thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my felines did the same thing last week...but I only had 45 windows open.

    As for freezing pipes...I don't think we have to worry 'bout that shit...but then...who knows as it's been in the low 30's at night for the entire month.

    ReplyDelete