Tuesday, February 28, 2012

That Didn't Take Long

The same day I shut off that horrible word verification they were back.

I will have to admit that word verification seems to be quite the deterrent to those fuckers but Google HAS to come up with something a lot more user friendly.
The thing that kills me about those asshole spammers is that they tend to target older posts like I ain't going to notice and the chances of anyone else seeing them approaches zero.

Nobody goes through my archives except me and more often than not, I can't even find what I am looking for.
In the mean time, into purgatory they go, every one that I find.

Just once, I would like to meet some jerk who proudly claims he is a spammer face to face.

I'm sure my knuckles would heal eventually.

Miserable sonsabitches need a case of the hives in their crotch and their fucking teeth knocked out so they have to suck soup through a straw for a month.

5 comments:

  1. I had the same thing happen. Turned off the capcha and was suddenly inundated with spam, most of it completely idiotic.

    Funny thing, though: So far all of it has gone to the spam locker, as if Blogger were actually doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience just a day or so ago. I hate the capcha system as I think it deters commenter's as well as spammers, but the same day I shut it off I started getting email notices of posted comments. My Google spam catcher got all of them, but having them show up in my inbox was annoying so i turned back on. Fuck 'em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn on moderation for all posts older than 7 days. It's a setting in the Google dashboard if you're on the "old" Blogger, I tried the "new look" and that setting wasn't there, so I switched back. So anyhow, all of those spams automagically go into the mod pit and get whacked next time I bother looking at the mod pit. Nobody gives a flyin' flip about anything I posted more than seven days ago anyhow...

    Oh yeah, Blogger has also turned off the 'email responses' link unless you turn on the in-line posting, so I won't see your response to this message. Sorry, blame Google again, yo.

    - Badtux the "Google is Evil" Penguin


    - Badtux the Blogging Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  4. busted... i do the same thing that badtux does -- older posts are set so all comments have to be approved... amazing how much that prevents -- i get an email each time a comment is submitted on an older post and can either nuke it or approve it. lard love a duck i hope they don't take that away with their fixes of stuff that aint broke

    i forking HATE that i can't find the email responses link *grrrrrrr*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same thing honey.
    Glad to see you are done with the surgery and getting better, although slowly, as expected.
    Smooch!

    ReplyDelete