Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And You Thought I Was Kidding

Ever since the little bastard first came to my attention and I heard him speak, I have always been of the opinion that he is stupid and illiterate.
Well, the proof is out.
The President of the United States of America is so fucking stupid that his handlers had to make a phonetic list of names so the slack jawed word mangler could appear intelligent while speaking.
Is that fucking incredible or what?
I can say there are many names out there that are damn near impossible for even me to say but this takes the motherfuckin' cake.

To wit;

As President Bush spoke to the United Nation’s General Assembly this morning, “a marked-up draft of the president’s speech popped up on the U.N.’s website” that included “phonetic spellings of some names and countries, and the cellphone numbers for Bush speechwriters.” White House Press Secretary Dana Perino got annoyed when a reporter asked “if the president has trouble pronouncing some country’s names,” calling it an “offensive question” before saying, “it was taken down and there’s nothing more to say about it.” Blake Hounshell has some of the phonetic guides over at Foreign Policy:

• Kyrgyzstan [KEYR-geez-stan]
• Mauritania [moor-EH-tain-ee-a]
• Harare [hah-RAR-ray]
• Mugabe [moo-GAH-bee]
• Sarkozy [sar-KO-zee]
• Caracas [kah-RAH-kus]



http://thinkprogress.org/


I would like to think youre average sixth grader could handle these.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:33 AM

    Not only that, but my dictionary says Mauretania is accented on the first syllable, not the second.
    Maybe they confused it with Mauritius (the island where the dodos lived), which is accented on the second syllable.

    I am so not impressed with this administration.

    ReplyDelete