Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rewriting History

I watched a PBS special last night on the tee vee. It was about Hurricane Katrina.
I was just laying there, semi comatose as usual.Several beers and shots tend to do that.
Anyway, I am watching this and they are talking to the main guy who was in charge of warning the government officials who were in charge of the response. Notice I do not identify those government agencies. Neither did they in the show.
Not one fucking mention of FEMA, Heckofajob Brownie or the motherfucker in charge of FEMA, Chertoff.
I asked myself, how do you do an hour long special on the complete devastation of a major American city, and not even mention the names of the people responsible for the governments non response?They showed the people in the Astro dome, but no mention of that heartless bitch Babs saying how it was working out so well for the poor black people stuck inside with no food or water with bodies laying around.
Then it dawned on me, I seemed to remember a right wing bastard coming on board with PBS a while back and things began to change.
.
They have focused their propaganda machine on us from our own public broadcast stations.
In other words, we are paying them to brainwash us.
I have seen his influence before, most notably a rambling self promotion piece by that oh so famous neocon, Richard Perle.
I am going to have to do some digging, but I am going to find out who this right wing fucktard is.
I used to enjoy PBS broadcasts, now I have to watch with a jaded eye for the propaganda.
The problem is, there are so many Americans that don't recognize it when they see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment